Monday, May 13, 2013

Ten Things I’ve Recently Learned, Re-Learned, or Realized …In the last 30 days






Let’s be clear, I am a slow learner – sometimes painfully slow.  There is the rare occasion that I am a one and done kinda gal, but more often than not it takes several attempts, efforts, experiences, melt-downs (you get the idea) for me to grasp a life lesson.

Much of my acquired wisdom comes from the advice and counsel of loving friends and family, some from the School of Hard Knocks (yes I believe it’s a real establishment), while other personal insight comes from my own worthy effort.  Most often, however, my inspiration comes as a gift, a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father who knows I am in need of inspiration, a lesson, or let’s face it --- a knock upside the head.

I hope this section will become a permanent part of my blogging attempts as I know I should have much to write about!

1.   When it comes to blogging and journaling, I start over, begin again, make a new attempt many, many, many times.
2.   Behind every great kid is a mom who thinks that she has done an awful job.
3.   Never quit!  You might just pass Statistics with an A!   Okay…maybe more like a B.  But it will be the best B you have ever earned!
4.   I was introduced to Baroque Music in my Humanities Class and I love it!  Who knew? Watch out family – you may be listening to Bach!
5.   Terrible two-year olds who you believe will NEVER grow up and leave home…do. And then, you are terribly sad.
6.   When it rains it doesn’t always pour, sometimes it just sprinkles.  In the words of a country song (I am a country girl), “Every storm runs out of rain”.  I believe it.  My favorite scripture is “And it came to pass.”
7.   It doesn’t REALLY matter if I make my bed every day. I really contemplated sharing this particular lesson because I have no doubt that my children are going to be most upset by this new discovery.
8.   No matter what I put in a glass of water, I still HATE water.  Limes, lemons, crystal light, or stevia cannot mask the tasteless liquid I supposedly need for hydration and weight loss!
9.   I am almost fifty.  I thought I was okay with it, but now I am not so sure…I’ll get back with ya on that one.  (Probably in my next blog a year from now when I’m closer to 51!)
10.I love to write – not because I’m good at it but because there’s something cleansing and refreshing about putting my mixture of thoughts, emotions and feelings onto a fresh, white piece of paper.

3 comments:

  1. #2 is so true.
    #5 makes me sad.
    #7 makes me laugh.
    #8 makes me want a glass of water.
    #10 I agree with. It is very cleansing, especially when going through a trial. I hope #6 happens quickly.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy...we meet on a different venue! We will see how I do! I hope that #6 happens quickly for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Lisa! Perhaps when and if I ever get my "professional" blog up and running, you will be a guest writer for me! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete